Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm Still Here :)

Just a busy, busy bee, like always.

So, what's new? I dyed parts of my hair pink, and I feel very hip and cool now. Yeah.

Oh, and we are getting mountain bikes! Yep. I used to ride my bike ALL the time, even as a teenager. I miss it so, so much! So I decided, we should all get bikes and start going to different bike trails and parks. A great and cheap way to spend some quality time together, as a family.

I miss having a bike. The feeling of freedom, the wind in my hair, zooming down a big hill...

Maya already has a bike, but she needs a new one, too. Hers is a little too small and plus, it's a BARBIE bike. She does not want to be seen DEAD riding a BARBIE bike. After all, she is a fantastically COOL and grown up 8 year old now. Not a baby.

I even went out a bought a book called "Pennsylvania's Bike Trails" hee hee. I'm super excited.

Oh, and I finally found a Trader Joe's near us! I am SO going to start shopping there. I'm trying to be more healthy and what not. I've been wanting to go to a Trader Joe's forever. Their prices are so much better than the organic section at Giant Eagle!

I've been away from my blog for so long and I see I have a ton of comments to catch up and a bunch o new blogs to check out! Yay!

16 comments:

Anonymous

I love bikes.

Maybe I should dye my hair something more interesting and brown. I'm starting to feel not quite so hip and cool now that I'm nearly the big 3-0.

Anonymous

Trader Joes is a great place to shop. Thanks so much for stopping in at Babasfarmlife and commenting. I'm really glad we found the stone too.

carmilevy

Some days, I think I've logged more miles on a bike than in a car. In any case, two-wheeled transport has been infinitely more important to me than the four-wheeled variety ever was. I feel so free when I pedal off.

I can't wait for the snow to melt (again) so that I can get back on the road. I got quite a few good rides in last week before winter returned with a vengeance. Happy riding!

Ann On and On...

Bikes are one of the best things about Spring/Summer. Enjoy your new bikes (when you get them)....

Great to have a new SITSer, welcome! I'm having a giveaway for a monogram bag...come on over!

Mike

I'd love to dye my hair—but I'm bald. Worst, the few hair that I have left is turning gray.

Hmp.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com

Twitter: AboutParenting

Mamarazzi

oh man i could never live without Trader Joes...i would travel any distance to shop there!

I am stopping by to welcome you to SITS! You are going to love being a part of this community of women and playing in the SITStahood!

If you get a chance stop by my blog I am having a fun and easy contest and giving away 5 SUPER AWESOME prize packages!

Rhea

I had pink streaks put in my hair last October or so. I LOVED it. I bet it looks great on you with your red hair. Now I'm wanting some purple streaks since the pink once washed out eventually.

Biking is so much fun. ENJOY the new bikes when you get them!

Blog Birthday Bashes are always fun.

I'm from the SITS Welcome Wagon! I've been a member since it's beginning, and I've met so many amazing women and read so many fun blogs. I'm so glad you've joined us, SITSta!

Aubrey

Oh how I wish we had a Trader Joe's here in Denver!!

WELCOME to SITS!

Angie

Hi again. I've not been blogging much lately either. Trying to get back in the swing of things.

Lisa M

I miss my bike too. I used to ride it all over creation when I was younger.

When we lived in PA we loved to go to Valley Forge and watch the deer :)

Carma Sez

Dyed parts of your hair pink. That IS hip and cool!

BTW I have a new giveaway on my blog that you might be interested in entering. It is also hip and cool :D
http://tinyurl.com/dyb7v4

carma

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography

i so miss having a bike as well, i might ask for one for my birthday!

i am stopping by from SITS to say hello!

Polly

Bikes - what an awesome idea. Think we may have to invest.

Hair sounds fun!

Jennifer C. Valerie

Hi there. I came over via the twittermoms Mommy Bloggers group to say hi and follow you. Have a lovely weekend.

Jennifer C. Valerie

Hi there. I came over via the twittermoms Mommy Bloggers group to say hi and follow you. Have a lovely weekend.

Daisy Deadhead

Hey where'd ya go? Come back, and don't forget to link me too, haha.

I finally updated my blogroll, only to discover you are AWOL! But I'm still enjoying your lovely photos as a "Flickr friend", so hope all is well. :)